The FUTURES Credo
We are an extension of global production, creative services, and event management agency, LDJ Productions, which has been a leader in these service offerings for over 18 years. LDJ's clients span numerous industries (Fashion, Technology, Media, Publishing, Finance, Beauty) and they continually provide their industry diverse clientele with recommendations on the use (or purchase) of emerging technology to enhance attendee experience during live events.
The Ideal TargetS
- Startups focused on technology, product innovation, and disruption
- Investors who are looking to grow their emerging technology portfolios
- Partners looking to take advantage of a low-cost technology development pipeline
- Mentors who are willing to share expertise and best practices
- Clients who are looking to showcase new technology within their events, creating bold, new, and diverse experiences for their attendees
- Universities looking to offer secondary / continuing education or expand their current offerings to include an off-site component focused on startup and student business building
- Current or Recent Students positioning their startups for growth within a community of like-minded individuals
The PROGRAM / TECHNOLOGY Focus
- 360 Video Applications
- Ambient Knowledge Applications (AML)
- Augmented Reality (AR)
- Conference / Event Advanced Networking
- Conference Website Building with Mobile Optimization
- Conference Attendee Real Time Analytics
- Content Monetization: Live or Post-Production
- Content Channel and Distribution
- Data Visualization
- Digitizing Physical Info: Vocal, Handwritten, or Gestures
- Direct to Consumer Digital Offerings
- Droids and Robotics for Indoor Conference Application
- Dynamic A/V and Lighting Interfaces
- Employment / Staffing / Production Service Jobs
- Event Content Capture and Quick Dissemination
- Event Management Software and/or Mobile Applications
- Event Registration Technologies
- Facial Recognition Software
- Fully Immersive Technology
- Holographic Technology
- Interactive / Digital Learning
- Lenticular Animation and Display
- Mobile App Building
- Online Production Studios: Advanced Multimedia Tools
- Presentation Technologies
- Production Flow Tools & Interfaces
- Project Management Software
- Projection Mapping
- Reactive Digital Media & Signage
- Semi-Artificial Intelligence (S-A.I.)
- Spatial Recognition Software
- Touchscreen Applications
- Video Content Creation and Asset Management Solutions (AMS)
- Virtual Reality (V.R.)
- Virtual Offices and Virtual Conference Assisting
Q. When is the next batch?
A. We are now accepting applications for Batch 1. Apply HERE.
Q. Is FUTURES an incubator or an accelerator?
A. It’s neither and both at the same time, but it’s also so much more. FUTURES helps founders manage their startups though a unique program that accelerates the process of finding authentic demand and building a company around it. The FUTURES program compresses work into 6 month cohorts, and often enables startups to move fast enough to avoid a round of funding.
Q. How is Futures similar to programs I know about? How is it different?
A. All programs are different and we're no exception; so you tell us:
- Many teams will apply but only between 5-10 will be selected within each batch
- Every team receives a $10,000 equity investment from our investment fund
- We connect teams with mentors who have vast experience in the startup community
- Teams work in a great, newly renovated space in the West Village (can't beat the location)
- Each cohort runs six months, culminating with a live investor presentation (aka Demo Day)
- We are a combination incubator and accelerator. Incubator because we're focused on nurturing and growing the business from the inside, helping strengthen the core. Accelerator because we provide robust mentorship throughout with funding opportunities at the end
Q. Can you help us find additional funding outside of FUTURES?
A. Yes. Many active angel investors and venture firms with early stage interests are looking to work with FUTURES teams.
FUTURES Firesides is our monthly speaker series available to all FUTURES participants and alumni. Firesides is devoted to spreading ideas in the form of short powerful talks + open floor Q&A and will focus on startup stories, engineering and technology leaders, operational best practices, business development and sales strategies, and a variety of other developing topics based on our community feedback (what our community is craving, we’ll match the content speaker).
The objective is to share ideas, discuss successes and failures, spread knowledge from industry experts, continue the education of each startup participant, and keeping our ecosystem dynamic and vibrant.
Workshop schedule is available upon selection to the program, including all past content.