SHOULD I APPLY?
Is your product/service:
- Ready to be put into a live event on the first day of your cohort?
- Have active clients and a growing client base?
- Address a market void?
- Use innovative technology (hardware or software)?
- Receiving market validation via customer feedback?
Admission to FUTURES is competitive and we strive to create a collaborative community that represents a rich variety of sectors and industries. All applications will each undergo a pre-screening process, with approval given 6 weeks prior to the start of the new cohort.
The Brass Tacks
Accepted startups receive $25,000 in exchange for 4% equity percentage, with FUTURES having the option to increase the total investment by way of a convertible note up to a $200,000 total cash investment.
- Connections to an eager and motivated client base through LDJ Productions’ vast array of annual, semi-annual, and new business client opportunities, as well as our long-term established vendors
- An ever-growing network of investors
- Open, collaborative, and modern space in NYC's West Village (Leroy Street, cross Hudson Street)
- Designated desks, 24/7 access, bookable & equipped meeting rooms, unlimited free coffee & snacks, and roof access for meetings
- Staffed reception and enterprise guest sign-in for all startups
- Mentorship from an extensive list of business experts in myriad fields and entrepreneurs in-residence and advice
- Collaborative environment and inherent peer-to-peer knowledge transfer / sharing of best practices
- Educational startup speaker series (FUTURES-Firesides) and planned networking events & opportunities
- Included OR market-discounted services from a variety of partners and preferred vendors
- Opportunity to work as strategic partner of LDJ when services are needed
- Connection to myriad funding opportunities
- Gigabit connectivity, with redundancy to mitigate service interruptions
- Panel presentations to receive Q&A on business processes, growth strategies, market adoption, staffing, and cash flow management
- Investor Demo Day at the end of each batch and a Client Presentation Day during each batch
- FUTURES Intranet and life-long access to FUTURES networking & content portal
Upon completion from the FUTURES program, every alumni will have access to steady and continued engagement within the FUTURES environment. We are continually negotiating partnerships for value adds to help ease the transition out of the FUTURES program. Each program graduate will have unlimited access to the FUTURES community and: may attend workshops, reserve or drop-in for use of conference room space, access to intranet for job/talent posting resource center and continued use of our alumni network.
Batch 1 applications will be accepted starting August 1st, 2017 running through November 15th, 2017. The application is live, but no applications will be read until the period listed above.